What Information we Collect
We collect personal information in order to make the experience of ordering online easy and accessible for all users. Information is collected to register an account with our website, purchase products, and fulfill your orders.
Information Customers explicitly provide:
In order to create an account and purchase products online through our website, or to book a photo appointment, customers are asked to provide certain personal information including their name, address, email address, and telephone number. In order to purchase a product online a customer is also asked to provide valid credit card information including the number, expiration date and mailing and shipping address. This credit card information is not held by Brightpics nor accessible by our company. It is held and secured through our payment provider Moneris.If a customer orders a gift online and indicates it to be sent directly to the recipient they can submit the name, phone number, and address of the recipient.
If a customer orders a gift online and indicates it to be sent directly to the recipient they can submit the name, and address of the recipient.
- Cookies: The Website uses “cookies”, a small string of text that is stored on a website user’s computer to permit the website to recognize future visits by that computer. This would include the customer’s user preferences, and shopping cart contents. This information is collected to enhance the convenience of using the website. If you disable the option of cookies on your browser, this could affect the functionality of our website and the ability to access certain features of the Website.
- IP address: System administration may aggregate IP addresses for analysis and to gather broad demographic information. A computer’s User ID will only be linked to an IP address when customers place an order for the purpose of identifying fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
- Information from other sources: sometimes we obtain additional information from other sources and merge it with customer information we have collected on this site, as well as information customers may have provided offline when communicating with us about photo days and their order. We use this information to facilitate ordering of products on our website and to process and follow up on customer orders.
Retention of Personal Information:
Brightpics will retain your personal information only for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to meet our legal and contractual obligations. When personal information is no longer needed it is securely destroyed. We periodically delete user accounts and personal information that is no longer being accessed by the user on our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The information we collect from customers is used to facilitate ordering of our products including:
- Registering customers in programs like create appointment schedules for photo days
- Creating and maintaining accounts on our website
- Processing, fulfilling and following up on orders
- Responding to customer inquiries by telephone and email
- Communicating with customers
We also use this personal information to provide customers with information related to their account, the products or services customers purchased from us, and to better understand their needs and interests.
Third Party Sharing of Information
A customer’s personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Brightpics may share this information with the following:
- Companies who work on our behalf: we partner with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, including secure monetary transaction sites and information systems management. These companies may be involved with limited access to personal information of our customers. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services and they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services.
- Brightpics may also disclose personal information: to comply with law, regulation or order of a court, administrative agency or government tribunal, to cooperate with government investigations, to detect and protect against fraud, where it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group, and to protect the rights of Brightpics Inc.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your personal information is important to us. The website uses reasonable security methods to protect the data on our servers. Your information is accessible only to authorized employees who need this information to fulfill their job functions. We also ensure all personal information data is properly destroyed and disposed of. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our servers from all possible interceptions.
Accessing Your Personal Information
As registered members of our website, customers can review and update your member profile using their user name and password. Customers also have the option of sending an email to our office to request a change to their information. We will correct, update or delete any personal information we have about you, unless we are required to keep it by law. To protect the privacy of our customers, proof of identity is required.
Process in case of breach of security safeguards including personal information
In case of a breach of our website security, we will first determine whether the breach creates a real risk of significant harm to the individual, including physical, financial or reputational harm. We will notify the affected individual (parent or guardian of student), the associated school Board and school in compliance with our contractual obligations, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and any provincial Information and Privacy Commissioners as appropriate, if it is reasonable in the circumstances to believe that the breach creates a real risk of significant harm to the individual, including physical, financial or reputational harm. We will also keep a record of the breach and notify and any other organization or institution that can reduce the risk or mitigate the harm from the breach.
Customer Inquiries by E-mail
Customers may receive e-mail regarding their orders or their account and in response to their questions.
Privacy Protection for Children
Brightpics Inc. understands the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 16 to become registered members of our sites, or to buy goods and services on our sites, without proven parental consent. Brightpics Inc. does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 16, expect with their parent’s express consent.
This privacy notice was last amended on August 9, 2022.
Any questions or concerns about customer privacy when using the BrightPics Inc. Website can be directed to email@example.com or by mail at:
8- 50 Galaxy Blvd
Toronto, Ontario M9W 4Y5
The privacy of our customers is important to us and Brightpics Inc. will work with customers to resolve any concerns or questions they have about this policy.